- Power Soccer (AKA Powerchair Football) is a 4-on-4 form of soccer played on a basketball court by anyone that makes use of a power wheelchair.
- Power Soccer is the sport that got us into adaptive sports and got Athletes Roll started! Check out our coverage of the 2017 USPSA Nationals, 2017 FIPFA World Cup, and more!
- Sled Hockey is a 5-on-5 sport with gameplay that nearly mirrors that of it’s able bodied counterpart, ice hockey.
-Stand Up Adaptive Tennis
- Stand Up Adaptive Tennis (AKA TAP) is played by athletes with amputations or other disabilities which alter their athletic ability but still allow them to compete on their feet.
- Wheelchair tennis is a Summer Paralympic sport which is very similar to its able bodied counterpart. The biggest rule difference is that the ball can bounce twice on each side of the court before the player hits it back.
- Let’s Roll – Learning Wheelchair Tennis with the Pros
- “Learning wheelchair tennis has just become a lot easier! One of the masters of the sport, 6-time World Champion David Hall, together with his long-time coach Rich Berman, have put together a comprehensive video tutorial of all the basics of playing wheelchair tennis.”
- Click here for more info
- Upcoming event: 2018 National Wheelchair Basketball Tournament
- 12/22/2017, 8:00am CST By NWBA and ABC Medical
- “The National Wheelchair Basketball Association and Louisville Sports Commission are excited to play host to the 70th anniversary of the National Wheelchair Basketball Tournament (NWBT), presented by ABC Medical, on April 12-15 in Louisville, Kentucky. The NWBT has been held in Louisville since 2013, with this being the 11th time the tournament has called Kentucky home.”
- Head to the official NWBA website for more information!
Wheelchair Motocross (WCMX)
- Wheelchair Motocross (AKA WCMX) is essentially BMX bike riding and skateboarding for wheelchair users.
- “Katherine Beattie isn’t afraid to fall – becoming the first woman to do a backflip in a wheelchair depended on it. As a leader in extreme wheelchair motocross (WCMX), where she performs adrenaline-pumping stunts in a specially designed chair, Beattie has become a trailblazer for her gender, and anyone with a disability, in this tough, rigorous – and most of all, thrilling – sport.”
- Wheelchair Rugby (AKA Quad Rugby, Murderball) is a fast-paced collision sport played in specially designed wheelchairs.
- More info: Official USA Wheelchair Rugby Website
- Upcoming Event: “The International Wheelchair Rugby Federation (IWRF) has announced that Nottwil, Switzerland, will host the IWRF 2018 World Championship Qualification Tournament. The event will be held at the Swiss Paraplegic Centre in Nottwil from 2-9 April. The Qualification Tournament will bring together eight countries to determine which will qualify for the last four positions at the GIO 2018 IWRF World Championship, to be held in Sydney, Australia, from 5-10 August.”
- Upcoming Event: “NWSA is the official governing body for wheelchair softball in the United States and around the world. While we are still in the process of updating and adding content, you should be able to find useful information about the game of wheelchair softball. Check back often for updated news and other content. Feel free to contact us if you have comments, suggestions, or need information about our sport. Let’s Play Ball!”