December is here and that means the cold and snow of winter is coming soon! Up in the Northeast, we’ve already had a few snow storms but the best is yet to come! Plan out some skiing, sled hockey, or snowshoeing trips to make these few months more exciting! Fortunately for us in New England we have some terrific organizations whose mission is for people of ALL abilities to get out and enjoy winter sports. So if you’ve never tried sled hockey or skiing or think you can’t do it think again! Here’s a list of just some of the groups that can get you on the slopes or ice in whichever way you’d like. Embrace winter and have some fun!
New England Adaptive Winter Sports Organizations:
- Ability Plus Adaptive Sports (Mount Washington Valley, NH) – Alpine/Nordic Skiing
- Adaptive Sports Partners of the North Country (Franconia, NH) – Alpine/Nordic Skiing, Snowshoeing/Winter Hiking
- Central Maine Adaptive Sports (Lost Valley Ski Resort, Auburn, ME) – Skiing
- Maine Adaptive Sports and Recreation (Newry, ME) – Alpine/Nordic Skiing, Snowboarding, Snowshoeing/Winter Hiking
- New England Disabled Sports (Loon Mountain, NH) – Alpine/Nordic Skiing, Snowboarding, Snowshoeing/Winter Hiking
- New England Healing Sports Association (Mount Sunapee Resort, NH) – Alpine/Nordic Skiing, Snowboarding
- Northeast Passage (Durham, NH) – Sled Hockey, Nordic Skiing
- Northeast Sled Hockey League (Teams from Maine to Maryland) – Monthly Sled Hockey tournaments culminating in championships March 8-10.
- Spaulding Adaptive Sports (Charlestown, MA) – Sled Hockey, Skiing, Ice Skating
- Vermont Adaptive Ski and Sports (Killington, VT) – Alpine/Nordic Skiing, Snowboarding, Snowshoeing